Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas

This is a painting of The Shadow and Ghost. Its my second oil painting. The canvas is 18X24.
I found a Ghost Comic book that Adam Hughes penciled at this antique shop. So being a fan of Ghost and Adam Hughes, I bought it. Ghost kind of resembles the Shadow even though their powers are totally different. I wanted to make a painting of them together. While researching the Ghost I found that the book I purchased at the antique store was her first appearance. How Lucky is that. Another neat coincidence was Dark Horse comics have already published a mini series with the two characters together.
This picture was inspired by the Mike Kuluta art work and Denny O'nell DC comics run back in 1973. The painting is still a work in progress so I'll post the final product soon.


Merry Christmas
Mike Loria out!