Friday, June 20, 2008

Some Sequential Art No Word Balloons


This page was alot of fun. Its a short story that takes place in the roaring 1920s. My friend Andrew Konietzky wrote this story as a roll playing game like World Of Warcraft. I think he said the game went on for nine weeks.
Drawing a period peice is a challenge, you have to draw the land scape the cloths the hair styles etc,etc,etc to be convincing an accurate. Destination Swipe file. I did not have to go far for the desk. I own this desk. I collect old plastic radios and I wish I owned the one in the drawing. The phone the lamp and typewriter are mine too. I was reading an old National Geographic at school that interveiw Walt Disney. The artical explained his animation process. Walt Disney collected and used his National Geographics to reference clothing ,cars, and buildings. There is a picture of him standing in front of his collection with dates writen on top of the shelves 1900-1964.
References are a unsung hero in the tool pallet.
I got to go to school.
Well here is a page. I have three more pages I'll be posting soon. Take it easy .

1 comment:

NeuroMan42 said...

Roleplaying... :) He looks like Vincent Price... cool.